Monday, July 5, 2010

2010 Nutrition Month Celebration

It's July once again which means we are celebrating Nutrition Month. According to DEPED, the theme for 2010 Nutrition Month Celebration is "Healthy Lifestyle ng Kabataan, Landas sa Kinabukasan," the celebration focuses on the nutrition and health needs of Filipino adolescents and children. Its particular focus is on the consumption of nutritious food to prepare them for adulthood and instill in them the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

I have still not decided what presentation we are going to have in this year's celebration but I want this year to be different. We have been dancing or demonstrating exercise routines for the past two years so this year I want it to be unique. I was thinking of a poem and song delivery by the kids but I still do not know how to organize them since my pupils this year are more rowdy than the past.

I want the kids to sing "Bahay Kubo" because I want them to learn the folk songs in the Philippines. For those who wanted to download the music, you can do so by clicking here: Bahay Kubo. The culmination of the Nutrition Month celebration will be on July 30 so we still have plenty of time to practice. Wish us luck!

No comments: