Sunday, September 5, 2010

Realization

I am indeed a lazy blogger. Even though there were days when my fingers are itching and my mind is screaming to put my thoughts into words - I just don't have the heart to do so. As we grow older, we become wiser and then we start to think first of what our actions could do to others in the future.

It is now September and once again, Christmas countdowns are starting may it be from the radio, blogs and television. And as the year is about to close in at least 100+ days from now, it is now time for me to make my realizations and learnings through this year. I never make resolutions but I always see to it that I recognize my accomplishments and blessings and of course thank the people who have been through with me in my journey.

This year had been a year for fun and travel. I had the best summer ever because of endless family reunions which meant a lot of booze and food. I was able to treat my mom and first born out of the country and I promise to bring the twins in the future too. As for the accomplishment kind of thing, I don't know if I did something that remarkable. I had little bouts with work stuff but everything's still smooth sailing. I know that life is not perfect and never will be but I prefer not to dwell on the misfortunes I have had and just accept them as a learning ground.

Also, I realized that I have a VERY STRONG support group -my friends. I know that they are not aware of this but they give me a certain high whenever they tell me that they believe in me and that they admire me for being so strong.

In the middle of April this year I found myself dealing with a big situation that gave me the worst anxiety attack ever. But then I have my friends and everything went well. I was almost literally insane for a couple of days but then I bounced back. With the help of my friends and cousins and their wives, I was able to move forward with my life leaving the bitterness in me and learning to be happy for others. And now I can really say that I am okay. The world is not only about making yourself happy and making others happy, it is also about being happy for yourself and for others. And now that I think of it, there was never a day when I feel incomplete. I have all the love from my children who, by the way, tells me that I have the most beautiful tummy even though it is filled with battle scars and mommy badges. I have the love of my friends that even though I seemed busy this year, they were always there for me to listen, be listened to, and evaluate situations before taking actions. I have the love of my cousins who laughs with me and gives me what I need. And I have my parents who give me unconditional love and understands me when I say "I'm broke."

Having realized all these, I cannot say that my year isn't happy. There were bumps, yes, but I was able to bounce back quickly. There may be heartaches but I did not let it get to me. I would be an ungrateful child of God if I demand too much and question my adversities.

To these I am thankful. Thank you for tagging along in my journey.

No comments: